SOMETIME SOON, I PLAN ON UPDATING THIS PAGE IN A MORE DETAILED WAY. & again from the depths of my heart we say THANKS!
Some of the amazing miracles:
* This story has is beginnings 25 years ago, when a lady named Ethel Harris,
brought a little three year old girl to talk to "Pastor Scott". Her Father was just
murdered. I will never forget that little girl putting her hand on my arm and
saying, "Pastor Scott, How come my daddy won't come home".
My heart broke when I saw her sad eyes. Besides this calamity, they were almost
out of food & their electricity was cut off. This precious little girl was having
nightmares at night & I
determined I was going to get those lights turned on and some food in the house.
I went home grabbed candles and all the money I could find (the days before credit cards)
and then I went to a friend's house seeking money to get those lights turned on...
NOW, FAST FORWARD 25 YEARS, after about 100 murders and countless crisis situations
"Pastor Scott" became worn out and also was facing many health problems. My funding
had dropped and our family was facing a myriad of problems and pressures.
I preached at a funeral for an eighteen year old girl that I had know for many years. After
the funeral, I told the family that my van should not be in the funeral procession
because the brakes were so bad, it could cause an accident. Later I received a phone call
from a young lady, she was from the Harris household that I began this story with.
She had overheard what I said about the brakes. She said, when I was little I (Scott) came
came many times to the rescue, bringing food or spiritual help. She said I am all grown
up now, I have a job, and I haven't forgotton your kindness. I would like to pay to
to have your car fixed.
This was the start of an amaizing outpouring of LOVE FROM THE BODY OF CHRIST.
For decades I (Scott) have been the one coming to to rescue to help people in
need. Then in the time of crisis my heart was so touched that many in the
BODY OF CHRIST came to our aid in 2007 and helped turn our lives
around - I will always be grateful.
* Donation of eyeglasses so I could get my licence:VELD EYE CARE
* Prayer at our house by the Missions Committee of First Reformed Church
& sending my family on a all expenses paid vacation
* Rich Van Til, Debbie Liccar, & Marcia Tamminga planned and put together a fund raiser banquet at Crete Church
& 240 people came! Wow, I had felt isolated and was greatly encouraged - also enough funds were raised to keep the ministry going.
* First Reformed Church took a special offering and along with donations from Crete Church, Living Springs, & Grace
raised funds to completely repair & re-do the outside of our house:
New Roof (50 year shingles- no more "buckets" when it rains)
New Siding and Windows!!! M&M ROOFING DID A WONDERFUL JOB!
& a New Back Door (Door Store)
* LANSING AUTO - repaired two cars, including one we thought was beyond repair!
* The Van Drunen family paid to send me to their doctor and also paid for the prescribed medicine.
* FOUR SEASONS donated a new air conditioner and furnace! Thank you Cassity family for arranging this!
* Our Ministry Van's Brakes were fixed by Eddie Vos's son in law (need name of business) & they also surprised me by putting a new exhaust system in. Also Keith Geissler, GEISSLER BRAKES & AUTO REPAIR fixed our radiator & door handle
* Rick Harbeck, Fred Edmond, Jeff Bryson & others helped with clean up & fix up projects
* Many other people went the extra mile in making donations to RRM or other acts of kindness!
Psalm 120 "In my distress, I cried unto the Lord, and HE heard me"! - THANK YOU LORD & THANK YOU BODY OF CHRIST!